Monday, February 28, 2011

I'm A Believer!


I have always been skeptical about whether rubber over the toes really helps when toe hooking.  So I decided that I'd set a boulder problem at the gym that would utilize the power of a toe hook.  Now the problem I set can be done with a heel hook, but in my opinion it feels more secure with a double toe.  I am now a believer!  Recently I have been using my Climb X Rock Stars for everything and I mean everything.  This problem made me realize that the toe rands really work and really well for that matter.  Now just as a cross reference I have tried using my Climb X Drifters on the same problem and even though I can stick the move while toe hooking with them I can also feel them sliding around on the hold.  Compare that with sticky toe rand that covers the Rock Star which never slipped.  Needless to say I am now a believer in toe rubber!

No comments:

Post a Comment