Tuesday, February 15, 2011

2011 Zion Review


If Climb X makes an all around shoe this would defiantly be my nominee for it.  You can go from 5.11 slab to 5.13 overhang without changing shoes.  Although I sized these to be comfortable I was not disappointed with their ability to still perform well.  Not gonna lie I was rather scared at first about my choice, but I am very satisfied.  These shoes are rather soft, but because of that they are great to use right out of the box.  I personally like the fact of how sensitive these are, now it does cause a little foot fatigue on longer routes.  Now I sized these the same as my Emotions which is an 8.  Now the Emotions were tight almost to the point of being unbearable.  However, the Zions are comfy with a slight curl in my toes.  For a good performance shoe I would recommend going down 1.5 sizes.  Personally I think I would go down to a 7 for these shoes to be a high performer.  But in all for a well rounded and comfortable shoe I would go with a .5 or 1 downsize.  In all this shoe is defiantly been upgraded from the 2010 model.  So if you're looking for a new all rounder you should check this shoe out!

No comments:

Post a Comment