Monday, February 7, 2011

2011 Emotion Review



My first impression upon pulling these bad boys out at the Winter OR was damn these shoes are sick!  At first I thought I might have sized them too small, but they have conformed to my feet and are almost bearable.  Now they are slightly stiff for a downturned shoe but my hope is that after a few more session they will become more sensitive.  My Rock Stars started out the exact same way as these have but have finally gotten sensitive enough that I feel comfortable bouldering in them.  Yet oddly enough the Emotions feel stiffer, but perform really bouldering with them right out of the box.  Now when compared with the rest of Climb X's shoes line the Emotions are incredibly downturned.  Now I have worn them on routes on both vertical, steep and all the terrain in between.  On steeper ground I found that they may preform slightly better, but thats really what they were made for anyways.  Now sizing wise I found that these shoes run surprising small for the size.  In the old Rock Star model for instance I wore a 7.5 and it I think I could have gone down to a 7 and still been comfortable.  But in the the 011 Emotion I'm wearing an 8 and it is painful!  I think if I would have gone with an 8.5 it would have been perfect, but what can you do!  So my recommendation would be to go down a .5 size from your street shoe.  I wear a 9 in my hiking shoes and I think that an 8.5 would be perfect.  All in all these shoes have been preforming great and are a must for my climbing pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment