Monday, January 3, 2011

Climb X Rock Star Review

Climb X Rock Star
Climb X Rock Star
The Rock Star is one of those shoes that I never leave at home.  Whether I’m off to do easy multi-pitch or pull at the local crag it is always in my bag.  I recently went on a trip to St. George, UT and climbed all day at Prophecy Wall and the Rock Star was the shoe of choice.  The lacing system allows you to apply the pressure were it needs to be for the harder pitches and loosen them for the easier ones and at belays.  Now this shoe is quite a bit stiffer than the Rad Moc and Drifters which is why I mainly use it for routes, not so much bouldering.  Just my personal preference you may decide differently.  Two other features of note are the toothed heel which makes for an incredibly secure heel hook and the little bit of down turned toe.  This last aspect helps with feet whether on the vertical or overhung.



No comments:

Post a Comment